Setting up Single Sign-On (SSO) for a WordPress website requires the use of a plugin. Here are the general steps to set up SSO in WordPress:
- Install a plugin for SSO: There are several WordPress plugins available for SSO, such as Okta, OneLogin, or miniOrange. Choose a plugin that is compatible with your website and meets your security requirements.
- Create an account with the SSO provider: Once you have chosen an SSO plugin, create an account with the provider and set up your SSO configuration.
- Connect the plugin to your SSO provider: Follow the plugin’s instructions to connect it to your SSO provider. This typically involves entering your provider’s API credentials into the plugin’s settings.
- Configure the plugin: Configure the plugin to suit your specific requirements, such as the SSO login page URL, the behavior of the plugin when a user logs out, and which user roles are allowed to use SSO.
- Test the SSO setup: Test the SSO setup by logging in and out of your WordPress site to ensure that the plugin is working correctly.
Note: The specific steps and options available will depend on the plugin you choose and the SSO provider you use. I recommend reading the plugin’s documentation and the provider’s support articles for detailed instructions on how to set up SSO for your WordPress website.